Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 26.05.2004, 21:24
Mihalych Mihalych вне форума
Hard Worker

Компания: Dynamic Pixels
Должность: President
По умолчанию Realistic figures for sales revenue

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#c0c0c0>Author</TD><TD width="100%" bgColor=#c0c0c0><!-- Thread nav and post images --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">Thread</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- /Thread nav and post images --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- /spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- /spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>Woody_FX

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>Realistic figures for sales revenue?? Hypothetically speaking:

You develop a original and innovative game.(not branded)
You love the game, everybody loves the game.

You start to sell the game through all your available channels.

What kind of sales figures might you expect from this game ?

Per month would you sell 3000 copies?

Month 1 you sell 3000units at 1:50e ::: 4500e
Month 2 you sell 5000units at 1:50e ::: 7500e
Month 3 you sell 4500units at 1:50e ::: 6750e
Month 4 you sell 2000units at 1:50e ::: 3000e
Month 5 you sell 750 units at 1:50e ::: 1125e
Month 6 you sell 500 units at 1:50e ::: 750e

Total expected revenue would be :::23725e in revenue per game

Tell me do you think that is about right or is it a conservative estimate (of units sold or the amount per sale you will receive back after people have taken there share)

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 10 Mar 2004 23:10</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3>Loki

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3>Not even close! For a non-branded game, and you have no existing partners, which will cost time and money to establish, you'll be lucky to get 2000 euros in a year. consider that it will take months to get the deals, months for them to publish your game, and months for them to pay you. and your non-branded game will be 1 of thousands flooding the market

sorry but you likely should not waste time making games

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16> 11 Mar 2004 01:45</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>ASDF

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>Revenue share::

- some portals in Europe only give you 0.50 E/download
- In China, a good game retail price is 0.75 USD/download. So you might end up with revenue 0.25 USD/download. And it should be about the same for other Asian countries outside Korea and Japan.
For me I think 1.5E/download seems too much. You have to be a real big publisher to get such deal.

Downloads/month::
- You will have to wait at lease 6 months until the first revenue comes and they dont' come at the same time from all channels. So the 3000/month may take about a year to get. 20,000 total revenue per a good games looks good but it should take about 2 years to get, not in 6 months.

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 11 Mar 2004 01:57</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3>Oni Mimi

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3> I'm so tired... oh so tired :edit: Why oh great Wizard did you give me such a small heart that does not beat well?

Last edited by Oni Mimi on 11 Mar 2004 at 09:32

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16> 11 Mar 2004 09:26</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>HG VAMPIRE

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>everything depends on your "channel" and the title without no more infos you will never receive a useful information.

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 11 Mar 2004 10:01</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3>Woody_FX

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3>Thanks for responding!

So it is all doom and gloom.

So there is nobody doing ok out of wireless gaming?

We are a small company of 5 developers building up a portfolio of innovative and original games (not bowling, pong, darts tetris).

So Loki you really think we should fold up?
That sounds like the the tune you usually like to sing?

With the right games and the right support you still think that there is no monet to be had?

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16> 11 Mar 2004 11:28</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>HG VAMPIRE

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>as I wrote everything depends on the channel you have and the games.

with 5 developer you will not play a big role in this business - sad but true

not everyone is doing ok in the wirelessbusiness but everyone is leading.

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 11 Mar 2004 11:38</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3>baegsi

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3>Regardless where you put questions about money and wireless games the usual answer is: forget it, you can't make serious money as a small company with mobile games. On the other hand, there are plenty of market research reports, anticipating an exeptional growth rate and a multi-billion $ market within the next years. So I ask myself: where does all the money go? In the hands of operators and a couple of "big" game developer companies?

Anyway, I think you have to decide for yourself if you want to take the risk of developing wireless games for profit. I don't think the market is closed for small companies, but you probably have to grow because as the devices are getting better and better the developing cost are also increasing. But even in the PC market is space left for small independent companies making good money out of niches, although there are only a few of it.

Surely it's hard for small companies, since it is quite easy to make wireless games, so everybody is trying to do it. So we will have a lot of movement and companies founding and going out of business but IMHO what really counts is how this market is going to develop when the first hype is over. There're a lot of crappy games out there and wireless games haven't proved to be an aternative gaming format yet.

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16> 11 Mar 2004 13:08</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>Woody_FX

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>Bagesi i agree with you, i also feel the same.

I think with the right games and careful management of the sales channels we choose we can start from here and grow with the industry.

I see all the hype etc and don’t buy it -- but i do feel there is a place for companies with a portfolio of real games.

And these companies are in a good position to grow with the market and and when the time comes to take advantage of what phones only real strength for games, these companies will be able to expand into multiplayer games.

Eventually the small developers will clear a bit as cost and time for development increases.

At least there is some standards beginning to appear across phones and that is something positive for the future.

HgVampire

You are right there is a lot of crap talked in the industry... all hype etc

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 11 Mar 2004 13:32</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3>blackjack75

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3>2000$ per year? As always it really depends on the game. 25k EUR is definitely a success for a non-branded game. But you can easily get more than 2k if you make a decent product. In any case I would suggest the max developement cost for a game should be one person during two months. If the game costs you more than say 6000Euros to develop then you start being too expensive. If you have a good unbranded game you can get 6000 to 10000 Euros either in advances (paid at start) or in guarantee (paid if the sales do not reach this amount). But then again, maybe they won't like your game and you can't do anything about it.

The key problem is distribution. You just can't do any easy multiplication. You might earn 1000 EUR for one game on one channel in one country the first month and then you'll think ok, just do the same in ten other countries and we're done. But the trutht is that is is very _hard_ to get your game on every provider out there. Most likely if you are not a big name it will on 3-4 decent channels and a dozen worthless ones (like 3 downloads a month each ...). Then you'll realise that you can't get directly onto a certain channel because they won't even bother answering, so you'll have to go through agregators who'll take 50%.

Most likely you'll end up with 25% of the end-user price. Sometimes the agregator will let you believe he has the direct contact but will actually go through another company who'll take another 50%. This happened to me with one game. I only get 12% of the end-user price because I accepted to sign a 50/50 agreement without asking if they had the real contacts. Be careful when chosing a distributor. Should I repeat once again, a lot of them are just disillusionned developers who want to make some money acting as a buffer between you and their own distributor.

With time you'll get more/better contacts and more opportunities. If you can get paid in advance, accept it, because sales of non-branded products are usually very low and will take months. 6 months to actually get your money once a product is finished is a minimum, considering they usually take 3 months to actually publish it and 3 months for the first report. Some however will pay monthly.

Unbranded games are not promoted so even if they are good, the chances people will see them are very low.

The title picture is ESSENTIAL. Usually users only have access to one picture. That's what they base their choice on. Like it or not, this is the way it is. I suggest you to a sales sites (eg. midlet.com), look at the pictures and try to figure out why some sell better than others. Game reviews are just worthless as of today. It is good for you image but few end users actually read them.

That said, good luck and go on!

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16> 11 Mar 2004 13:54</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>sloggy

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>Re: 2000$ per year?

quote: <HR>Originally posted by blackjack75

Most likely you'll end up with 25% of the end-user price. Sometimes the agregator will let you believe he has the direct contact but will actually go through another company who'll take another 50%. This happened to me with one game. I only get 12% of the end-user price because I accepted to sign a 50/50 agreement without asking if they had the real contacts. Be careful when chosing a distributor. Should I repeat once again, a lot of them are just disillusionned developers who want to make some money acting as a buffer between you and their own distributor.

<HR>
I think this is one of the biggest problems for a small developers. Second one is the fact that most of them are convinced that their games is better than average. It almost looks like audition for American Idol. First problem can be solved by carefull research and by asking for reference. Second one.... hmm... maybe by reality injections ?

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 11 Mar 2004 14:42</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3>Loki

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3>Woody I'm trying to give you simple honest truth here, not garbage theories. Much of what has been written here is true. It depends on the channels, partners, sales, etc. Of course it does, the same is true if you are selling ice cream!

Like everyone say, you are not going to get 1.5 euros per download and you arent going to be paid soon. so if you are LUCKY you will get 1/3 of your project or roughly 7,000 euros. but let's assume you are not lucky just average, then you get 2000 euros for your game.

the simple reality of any industry is that a few winners make up most of the market think about OS, Browsers, movies, music, you name it. sure maybe the hype will be true for growth, but it's for a few winners, not 5 developers making their first non-branded game today, who still no nothing about the business of the industry. some good advice, first understand an industry and business before you decide to enter, in other ways, first learn about the wireless game industry then build a game.

it is the usual tune i sing because it's the truth. look on your local mobile phone company and some good portals, they sell games from maybe 15 different companies and they are all established

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16> 11 Mar 2004 17:50</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>Nathan Vella

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>which is why, as an independant mobile game developer, the best thing you can do (assuming you are in for the long haul) is work at establishing yourself.

Do your best to find that one internal (as in, inside a company) champion for your games. One person liking your games can mean everything.

It is depressing, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Anyone who develops crap in this industy will eventually get washed down the toilet, and those companies developing great games will remain.

Of course, you have to be willing to get knocked down 10000 times, and get right back up.

64kB of Awesome!

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 11 Mar 2004 21:59</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3>blackjack75

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3>Analogy
quote: <HR>Anyone who develops crap in this industy will eventually get washed down the toilet, and those companies developing great games will remain. <HR>
Yes. Just like in the music and cinema industries :-)

Joke apart, you are right to say that at least among those who have no commercial power only the best will survive.

Or those living in countries where life is cheaper. How about moving to thailand? :-)

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16> 12 Mar 2004 13:10</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>ASDF

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>yep thailand is a good place to develope some j2me games. at lease you can get jbuilder and photoshop each for $5. darn!! that's that cost western people pay for a crappy java game.

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 12 Mar 2004 18:42</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%" bgColor=#c0c0c0><!-- time zone and post buttons --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 bgColor=#c0c0c0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">All times are GMT. The time now is 17:24.</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- /time zone and post buttons --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Последний раз редактировалось Mihalych, 26.05.2004 в 21:27.

Реклама
Старый 26.05.2004, 21:30
Mihalych Mihalych вне форума
Hard Worker

Компания: Dynamic Pixels
Должность: President

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#c0c0c0>Author</TD><TD width="100%" bgColor=#c0c0c0><!-- Thread nav and post images --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">Thread</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- /Thread nav and post images --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- /spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- /spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>civax

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>not sure Well, seems there is a big difference between leading developers and other, small developers.

The figures I heard regarding top companies are around 100k+ euro per title (total life span). I even got some data about games that did more (all branded games, btw, no independent IP).

Making as many ports as possible and securing deals with big publishers and telcom companies are also essential.

You'd might even want to read some of the stuff available on forum nokia and elsewhere.

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 12 Mar 2004 22:29</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3>blackjack75

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3>Ports Making as many ports is good for your own experience but probably not for your business unless you strike a special deal with some phone manufacturer.

If you have a deal to include your game on say a Samsung phone or on special Samsung channels then it's a good move to port. On the other hand on most other (European) channels it's hardly even worth looking at anything outside Nokia S30/S40/S60, Sony T610/Z600, Siemens S55. Maybe in a near future Motorola's V300/V500/V600 line will be worth it (it's an midp 2.0 phone)

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16> 13 Mar 2004 13:24</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>llin

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>if you want to establish yourself as a newcomer in the industry, the only advice i can give you is to target the phones like: samsung e700,x810..., panasonic x60, motorola v300, siemens sx1, sendo x, se t610/z600, ...

you name it, all the smaller ones will do good for you in the long term. spend a little time to think about the reasons ;-))

you have a good option to market wisely on these ones...

you have to work on the nokia market aswell ofcourse, but concentrate on the niche devices and look which operators sell them!!!

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 13 Mar 2004 19:45</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3>glum

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3>It's not true that non-branded games don't get promoted. We've had game of the week on non-branded titles with Vodafone Live. You just need to be careful about what type of games you develop. The operators are crying out for games in certain genres, you just need to find out where the gaps are. In fact I noticed that Handy-Games' Townsmen was Game Of The Week on Voda just the other day (on GX20 at least).

Also, 1.5 Euros to the developer is not unheard of, but if you're going through an aggregator then you are sure to take home a lot less.

I think small developers might do well to target their products more... Is there a big sporting event about to happen in a certain territory? You won't need a brand to ride the wave of interest - How many more people do you see slogging their guts out at the tennis club during Wimbledon week?

Glenn.
www.iomo.com

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16> 15 Mar 2004 16:51</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>Tom Frencel

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>Ports should be motivated by potential publishing deals, but they can also help your marketing strategy and ensure adequate market penetration. Sometimes the publisher will look for games on specific devices and you will be much better positioned if you have your games on these specific devices rather than if it will take you a month or two to have these games ported. Porting is a trade-off. You best do your market research to find out which devices are popular in areas that you are trying to target. Also important is the fact that some devices (across different vendors) have very similar UI specs and as such your porting job becomes much easier.

As far as the issue of trying to establish yourself as a developer in the emerging mobile gaming industry - you will never know whether you have what it takes if you don't try. It's as simple as that. Most of the time trying once will not be enough. You have to be willing to fail, learn from it and try again. This industry is predicted to experience an exponential boom. Wireless is hyped up as much as the Internet was almost a decade ago. Will everyone that's trying to establish themselves become an instant millionaire? Definitely not. Selected few will emerge and go on to become the big players, much like what was observed during the Internet boom (emergence of Amazon, E-Bay, Yahoo, etc.). If you try you will probably not make it. If you don't try, you will definitely not make it.
email: tom.f@capybaragames.com
www.capybaragames.com
64kB of Awesome!

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 16 Mar 2004 16:45</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3>JHeaven

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3>Porting a good strategy to build your company It is definitely hard to make a living right now in the wireless gaming industry creating new and unbranded games. In fact, many wireless carriers are now taking games off their deck, reducing the clutter and getting rid of stuff that doesn't sell. So if you are small company, with no track record, no brand, and no clout with the carriers, then you are fighting an uphill battle.

However, I have heard that there is real need for small development companies to port existing games for bigger game publishers. These bigger companies want to release big games with big brands across as many handsets as possible, and don't have the resources to do it quickly. I have heard of many successful strategies of building your credibility, and your skills by porting for bigger game developers. If you do a good job (which means turning in stuff that works and ON TIME!) they they will likely want to work with you for porting their bigger brands, and then eventually may lead to developing a new title for one of their brands. Then you have a portfolio of games you developed, and can then attempt to make it on your own creating your own brand, perhaps initially working through a bigger game publisher or an aggregator. This is actually a strategy that some companies have taken in the video game space.

I hear too many stories of small companies trying to make it big, and quite frankly, you can't just climb to the top overnight anymore.

Porting may seem like non-creative boring work, but it does build credibility, and it pays the bills!

I wouldn't give up, but I would be smarter in understanding where you stand in the food chain, and devise a plan that will help you grow.

Heaven boy

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16> 1 May 2004 01:32</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>elloco

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>Yes, you are right. The market is dead for small developers. It's just to easy to develop j2me games and the demand is limited. 2-3 years earlier times were different, but now small companies that don't have a deal with publishers or carriers are lost. Don't try it. There might be room for porting services or something similar, but you can't make a living from developing unlicensed games.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 1 May 2004 14:48</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3>HG VAMPIRE

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3>believe me there are tons of company out there that can port the games (India, Russia even cheap studios in Europe) - this is not a real market.

Operators close the doors for new and small developers. Do great games (not one!) and you have a chance direct at operators or over "publishers/resellers"

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16> 2 May 2004 09:52</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>Oni Mimi

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>yup...

however your standard of "great game" might not be someone elses...

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 2 May 2004 11:41</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3>sloggy

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3>

quote: <HR>Originally posted by HG VAMPIRE

believe me there are tons of company out there that can port the games (India, Russia even cheap studios in Europe) - this is not a real market. <HR>
Most of the publishers will never consider services from any of those companies. There is just to many of them and it is impossible to figure out which ones are good and there is nothing they can do if they don't deliver on time. Money they can save by outsourcing to some cheap studio is nothing compared to risk if they don't hit predefined carrier slot on time. Not to mention that these companies can't have access to some CDMA phones or the network the games supposed to work on in order to do testing.

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16> 2 May 2004 15:34</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>viktor_ymtg

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>I think, small/medium developers should concentrate on some market segments, but not on a whole game market(don't be just game developer!). They should concentrate only on developing of sport games, intelligent games(chess etc) etc - this targeting allow them to become the leader in specific market segments.

Last edited by viktor_ymtg on 3 May 2004 at 11:15

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 3 May 2004 10:14</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3>HG VAMPIRE

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3>the mobile games market is to small to concentrate on a segment! Some developers already done this in the past. Now they all do "all" kind of games.

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16> 4 May 2004 15:37</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>viktor_ymtg

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>yep, but market is growing, so this strategy will be used in the future

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 4 May 2004 20:49</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3>muttley

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3>I dont get why you are all trying to go through publishers? You have a wonderful shop front called the internet. Build a web site, get it established then sell your games on there and take ALL the profit and not just some crumby percentage from a publisher.

With J2ME MIDP 2.0 you have the ability to download files Over the Air, thus bypassing the middle men.

People aren't stupid, they know a crap game when they see one and to be honest current games even from established publishers are pretty awful. This is because they are not designing innovative games - they are just porting stuff and trying to sell brand names.

It's simple - if your game is good it WILL sell - even if it is unbranded.

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16> 6 May 2004 09:34</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#f3f3f3 height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb>blackjack75

</TD><TD vAlign=top width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb>a) You don't need midp 2.0 to get games OTA, this has been available since the first midp 1.0 phone.

b) I suggest you try to build a website and then see how many "not so stupid" people will find it.

Sad but true, publishers/aggregators are the only way to sell through carriers unless you're a big player. It is useless to try to bypass them. Even if you get big enough to be able to deal directly with the carriers, you should not try to skip the carriers. They have the customer, they paid for it (advertising...). If you build a website alone lost in the internet you will have to pay so much money for your promotion that your games will never cover the costs.

</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap width=175 bgColor=#ebebeb height=16> 10 May 2004 12:39</TD><TD vAlign=center width="100%" bgColor=#ebebeb height=16><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD> <!-- $ post[icqicon] --><!-- $ post[aimicon] --><!-- $ post[yahooicon] --></TD><TD noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --></TD><TD width=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 bgColor=#e6e6e6 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=10></TD><TD width="100%"><!-- spacer --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 align=center bgColor=#595959 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%" bgColor=#c0c0c0><!-- time zone and post buttons --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 bgColor=#c0c0c0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">All times are GMT. The time now is 17:29.</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- /time zone and post buttons --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Последний раз редактировалось Mihalych, 26.05.2004 в 21:33.
Ответ